Can a script preempt substack name conflicts?

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Thu May 14 21:16:56 EDT 2015

With stack A already open, I open stack B and get a alert like this:

"A stack "<substackName>" in file <fileName of stack A> is already in memory.  The Revolution UI does not distinguish stacks which have identical names, so editing these stack files while both are in memory could result in data loss.”

Is it possible by script to intercept the message that generates this alert, and rename either the substack that is already in memory or the substack of the stack I am trying to open, so as to avoid both the alert and the risk of data loss?  My impression is that if I try to learn the substack names of a file I will already be loading that file into memory, and it will be too late to head off the alert.

Many thanks.

David Epstein