reporting

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu May 14 14:24:36 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Mark Talluto <userev at canelasoftware.com>
 wrote:
> I would rather the developer sell the 3rd party tool under closed source
in return
> for regular development that progresses the tool further. I do not want
software
> to go open source if it means imminent death of yet another useful tool.

I agree.  Additionally, even if the cost of closed source needs to be a
little higher to support all LiveCode platforms, they should, IMHO.  If one
is going to make tools for LiveCode, those tools are usless to me unless I
can leverage them on any supported platform of MY choice, not just the tool
developers favorite OS.  I have over the years begged and pleaded with my
boss to support the LC developer community by purchasing tools made with
and for LC.  By far, the best ROI has come from those that work
cross-platform.  It is my hope that widgets will be built this way by those
who sell them, and not rely on mostly foreign os calls in LCB just to
support that one fav OS.

Quartam Reports is pure LiveCode, and as such it has been a great tool for
use on all major desktop platforms.

~Roger