Kickstarter 2013 Revisited

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun May 10 22:52:10 EDT 2015

On May 10, 2015 7:31:58 PM CDT, Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:
>In the hopes that it would be helpful to others looking to play around
>with
>widgets I wrote a little about my experience in my blog. There are 3
>posts
>about Widgets right now. Perhaps they will be of interest to you.
>
>http://www.bluemangolearning.com/livecode/

Thanks very much for this. My first reaction to LCB was that I didn't want to learn a new language and I'd just let other people do it. Then I'd use their widgets if I needed them, just as I use externals now.

But now I see that it isn't really a new language, it's just new vocabulary with somewhat stricter rules and a few syntax changes. It isn't as foreign as I thought it would be. I think maybe I could learn this.

I'm very glad you took the time to write these up. Remind me why "m" is the designated variable prefix. I read it on the forums but I've since forgotten what it stands for.
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com