Kickstarter 2013 Revisited

Bjoernke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun May 10 20:49:20 EDT 2015

> On 11 May 2015, at 02:31, Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:
>
> I have 20 or so widgets that I've written for a project I'm working on
> which add UI controls to the project. None of these make any calls to OS
> APIs. They just use the LiveCode Builder language to draw shapes,
> render SVG path data, and respond to events.

These are examples where previously one would have used externals. Because unless LC itself would faciliate them, like with simpler types of GUI objects, that's all one could do. I hear that you disagree on that, but I still think that this is primarily a small upgrade to external functionality.

I'd even argue that a way to have LC native created "widgets" for the GUI stuff would be far superior to what is in development. Instead there's now some other, slightly similar language, using SVG syntax, which is a lot more complex then how LC interacts with screen coordinates. So why did RunRev not add SVG capabilities and the needed flexibility to the existing LC syntax, why a different language that is less approachable? because they want it to make more approachable of course :-(

--

Chat with other LC people:
http://bjoernke.com/chatrev

Use a better dictionary in the IDE: