about Mark...

Bjoernke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun May 10 20:29:01 EDT 2015

> On 10 May 2015, at 18:10, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> https://github.com/runrev/livecode/pulse
>
> This shows (at the very least) all the patches we are applying as we develop. (I tried to find a public way to view the 'runrev' organisation news feed - but couldn't - if anyone who knows their way around github.commore than I can share how to see that publically then that would be great).

I get all livecode related github comments as emails, which I put it's own folder called "LC github" right next to "LC use". I only read all of them when I'm _really_ keeping up tho (currently 700 unread). I am not sure which part of my github setup did it, but I think the following does the trick:

To do the same you do of course need a login on github. Once logged in you need to "Watch" the livecode trunk. (Button on the right, below the top "github" bar on https://github.com/runrev/livecode , and maybe other entries that you're interested in, the only other one i got was https://github.com/runrev/livecode-ide )

In my profile settings (cog gear icon on the top "github" bar, next to your login name) there's an entry "Notification center", where I have chosen "Watching" to include "email". It says it pertains to all entries on the list seen here: https://github.com/watching

I think the first email i got was a confirmation link, that I needed to click for it to start, and then it would only send new entries, so you won't get thousands of archived comments suddenly when you sign up.

Of course there's quite a few git and github watcher website add-ons and services, and I guess RunRev could use some of those to increase visibility of their actions directly on their own site, but I am not the person to suggest any of them.

Björnke

--

Chat with other LC people:
http://bjoernke.com/chatrev