about Mark...

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sun May 10 12:53:25 EDT 2015

> It might be easier if, for goofy types like myself, those "things" at
> that web address were explained in some way that we could understand.

Well, I think 'trust' comes in here to a certain degree - i.e. if you
trust that we are doing the right thing, and are doing so for the
benefit of the 'community as a whole' then you'd probably be less
concerned about the technical details (unless they directly impact you
in something you are doing).

Ultimately the github presentation of the source is an important means
of communication which any body working directly on the product have so
there is only so far we could take it in terms of explaining each pull
request in a more 'generally understandable' way. (However, I do agree
that our pull requests and commit history do not have overall enough
detail in them - this is something we are working to change as we evolve
as an open-source project and also with a larger engineering team).

The question is, then, what information would be useful and how can we
present it in such a way that it doesn't actually detract from the other
'doing' too much. (e.g. We could explain each minor bugfix in depth, but
as a result fix less bugs - the balance here is really important).

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps