muddling around in the source for revOpenDatabase()for postgresq

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat May 9 20:35:41 EDT 2015

On 05/09/2015 04:51 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

>> So I started poking around github.   It  seems like the first piece of
>> code is for *revdb.cpp* at e

That way lies madness.

I started looking at that code a few times a while back, hoping to fix
things, add functionality, etc, and gave up. I ran into it again
attempting to add mongodb to the menagerie. The database layer is
hopelessly strangled in its own constructs, and nothing short of a
complete rewrite will save it. Fortunately, a complete rewrite is right
around the corner. Or so I was told in 2006 (new database layer
scheduled for Rev 2.8). And note that all existing database bugs in the
bugzilla database at that time were marked Resolved in favor of a single
bug report (3662) to cover the omnibus database layer rewrite.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com