Five programming problems every Software Engineer should be able to solve in less than 1 hour

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat May 9 20:20:49 EDT 2015

On 05/09/2015 05:12 PM, Jerry Jensen wrote:

> We went through this a while ago, I think a challenge forwarded by Mark Wieder. The problem is that integers overflow and start giving wrong answers part way to 100. I forget the exact place it happens.
>
> I wrote a few that did it the hard way (character by character arithmetic) - I’ll see if I can find them.
> .Jerry

Yeah, it's kind of a trick question in the context of this blog. Not
that I think much of the blog post in general, but giving the writer the
benefit of the doubt, I believe the point is that if you just code
something up and don't test it fully, thinking you've come up with the
correct formulation, you've still failed.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com