Five programming problems every Software Engineer should be able to solve in less than 1 hour

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat May 9 20:18:03 EDT 2015

To do number 4, it seems that:

first find digit one.  Easy enough.  Then with every item that starts with
that digit, see if there is a singleton.  If there is NOT a singleton, move
to digit 2 of all numbers that start with that number.  If there is a
singleton, you must check second digits that start with the highest number,
as well as first digits of everything else. It gets rather complicated
rather fast.