Anyone have a LC based PHOTO Organizer app?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.org
Fri May 8 19:22:43 EDT 2015

I started one of those about 3 years ago, but never completed it, for a
variety of reasons

  - I realized that other apps for finding duplicate images actually do
look for duplicate images, not simply duplicate files (i.e. they claim
to find dups saved at different resolutions or compression levels), and
I knew I couldn't do that.

  - someone gave me a coupon for lots of money-off from Adobe's
Lightroom, so I started using that :-)

I'll dig it up, and spend an hour or two making it at least minimally
presentable and see if it's a helpful starting point for you.

When you say "catalog" and "tag" what are you looking to do ?
Do you simply want tags within the app, or do you need tags to be
re-inserted into the metadata within the jpg file ?
Do you hope to search or group photos based on their metadata (note this
can be slow if you do it within LC - might be worth choosing a suitable
open-source companion app to batch extract the metadata) ? Which
platform(s) do you need?

-- Alex.