Can I set up a delayed message queue?

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Thu May 7 13:24:05 EDT 2015

Folks:
I have several timed situations in my app. They run specific handlers in a set number of seconds. It looks to me like there can only be a single invocation of “send xyz in myDelay seconds” at a time.

I’m thinking of setting up a queue to do this. I’m thinking of a handler that sends a message to itself every second, then activates various handlers when their delay time is satisfied. So I’d need to manage these times in my own handler. I can do this, but wonder if I’m on the right track.

Best,

Bill

William A. Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org/