Unicode in file paths...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu May 7 08:23:04 EDT 2015

On 5/7/2015 12:42 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> If I read that correctly the LC 7.0.4 results for Unicode media paths
> could be summarized as:
>
> Works:
> - Windows     QuickTime
> - OS X 10.10  AV Foundation
> - OS X 10.9   AV Foundation
> - OS X 10.8   AV Foundation
>
> Fails:
> - OS X 10.7   QuickTime
> - OS X 10.6   QuickTime
>
> Not described:
> - OS X 10.7   AV Foundation (though I'd wager it would work
>                              since it's the default)
>
> That would only leave out OS X 10.6, but at this point it's
> abandonware anyway, too dangerous to use and with a 0.5% market share:
> http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx

Richard,

That is correct. I did not test 10.7 with AVF as the LC 6.7.4 release
notes (page 11) on AV Foundation support specifically states: "Note
AVFoundation player is supported in OSX 10.8 and above. On systems
running OSX 10.6 and 10.7,
LiveCode continues to provide player functionality using the QTKit API."

I was trying to cover 10.6 and 10.7 since LiveCode 6.7.4 and 7.0.4 state
they support OSX 10.6 and up.

I will try testing AVF under Lion. Thanks for the idea.