PNG Metadata

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed May 6 20:03:38 EDT 2015

> On 7 May 2015, at 2:41 am, David Bovill <david at viral.academy> wrote:
>
> I'm looking for a native way to extract and write to PNG metadata - in
> particular textual information chunks:
>
>   - http://dev.exiv2.org/projects/exiv2/wiki/The_Metadata_in_PNG_files <http://dev.exiv2.org/projects/exiv2/wiki/The_Metadata_in_PNG_files>
>   - http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-Chunks.html <http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-Chunks.html>
>
> I was wandering if anyone has done this - and may Alex Tweedly's libEXIF
> may be a good start - but I can't track it down?

Not sure which version but some newer version of LC will have a metadata property for images which I implemented a while back. I only implemented density which was required for a specific property but it’s designed as an array that we could add other metadata to as required. If you can work your way around the libpng docs to find what you need and search for [[ ImageMetadata ]] in the LC source then you should be able to add whatever you need as a contribution.

Cheers

Monte

--
M E R Goulding <http://goulding.ws/>