SQLite Table Exists

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Wed May 6 11:49:28 EDT 2015

> On 6 May 2015, at 16:00, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
> Neither the PRAGMA nor the SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE
> type='table' AND name='table_name' rely on that function.

I have used your suggestion to modify my original function to:

function doesTableExist tTableName
   put replaceText(tTableName,"'","''") into tTableName
   put merge("SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type = 'table' AND name = '[[tTableName]]'") into tSQL
   put revDataFromQuery(tab, return, the uDB of stack "THFinancials", tSQL) into tData
   if tData = tTableName then
      return true
   else
      return false
   end if
end doesTableExist

Yours actually returns the table name if it exists whereas my suggestion returned the count of either 0 or 1.

I have adopted your suggestion because it actually returns the table name originally passed in.

All the best

Terry