LC7 stackfileversion

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat May 2 13:36:40 EDT 2015

I have a stack that I am about to work on in 7.0.4 so it can handle
Unicode.

I'm under the impression that to do that, I need to save the stack in 7.0
format since I will be using the textEncode/Decode handlers so I open the
stack and use the "Save As" option selecting the Format as "Livecode stack"
to save it to a different file.  As a side note, why isn't this option
clearly labelled as meaning 7.0 format?  I assume it does because it's the
only one that doesn't specifically refer to another format but maybe it
doesn't mean that at all.

Next, I'm subjected to the problem that LC wants to open the "saved as"
stack and has a problem because there's already a stack in memory with the
same name.  Finally clicked enough buttons to get out of that, closed LC,
reran it, opened the "saved as" version of the stackfile, and the
stackfileversion is still set to 2.7

OK, maybe the confusion over the duplicate stack name problem messed things
up.  So I set the stackFileVersion to 7.0 in the message box, saved the
stack file, quit and reran LC, open the stack file and it's still set to
2.7.

What am I missing?  IS there some other property of the stackfile I should
be checking to see if it really is in 7.0 format?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>