Displaying Web Pages in a Field

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 1 11:59:01 EDT 2015

On May 1, 2015, at 6:41 AM, Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Hi Devin Asay and Scott Rossi,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> Devin, what Scott says is true: for many of the files the tags continue to appear in the stack’s field.
>
> Scott, you mention a browser object. Where would I find it? I can’t find one in the LiveCode’s Tools palette or under the Object menu. I’m developing a desktop utility.

Gregory,

There is no icon on the tools palette you can drag onto the card. You have to instantiate it using a script. See the dictionary entry on revBrowserOpenCef. There is a script example there on how to create a browser instance.

There’s also a lesson on how to do it here:

http://lessons.runrev.com/m/2592/l/278115-create-a-browser-instance-within-your-app

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay