How to Turn a Word Into a Graphic Object?

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Mar 27 02:28:46 EDT 2015

I'm looking for a way to quickly turn words into graphic objects
programmatically.

If you have a field with the words

"I am that I am"

you can programmatically select each word and highlight it etc. but I
don't think you can get the actual pixel location of the rect that the
hilite takes on the screen... which, theoretically should be doable,
since everything must be drawn on screen, everything has x,y coords and
width and height.

Assuming the rect of a hilited word *could* be extracted, then it would
be easy to take a import a snap shot of it.

an auxiliary question: when using "import snapshot" ... how can you set
the name of the resulting image that is placed on the top of the card.
It defaults to (e.g.) "image id 6578"  but one cannot know that ID... is
there another way to refer to the latest created object?

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami