Question re large project organization

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 24 22:37:24 EDT 2015

On 3/24/2015 5:50 PM, William Prothero wrote:
> it leaves me wishing there was a clear explanation of the standalone
> builder and where files get put for various configurations.

There's an overview in the User Guide, starting at page 295. It could
use more detail, but it's a start.

This one
> was the checkbox on the “Copy Files” pane that said “Copy referenced
> files”, and gave a location that didn’t sound too bad. Well, I did
> want to copy the files, so I checked it. But then some of the
> referenced text files disappeared into the “great beyond”.

That checkbox is explained as, "Loops over all image and player objects
in stacks and copies any files referenced in the fileName property of
these objects into the standalone. Then automatically sets the fileName
property to reference these files in the standalone using referenced
file paths."

I never use it, but it doesn't sound like it should affect other types
of files. Even if it does copy stacks, the originals should still be
where they were before.

Copied files would be inside the app bundle on a Mac, or in a folder on
other OSs. You can designate a folder name just under that checkbox, or
let it used the default name "Referenced Files".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com