Movie problems in LiveCode

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Mar 24 17:21:19 EDT 2015

Hi Stephen:

As others have mentioned, QuickTime was deprecated by Apple a while back.
See ³Deprecated Frameworks² on this page:
<https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/MacOSX/WhatsNewInOSX/
Articles/MacOSX10_9.html>

In some simple tests, it looks like QuickTime Player 10 (on Mavericks)
won¹t even open VR movies, but will hand them off to Player 7 if available.

Doing a bit of searching, it seems some people have had success opening VR
movies in VideoLan Player, but apparently without the interactivity (at
least none occurs here).

You¹d probably do well to stop using QTVR and look for an alternative.  I
don¹t know what types of VR movies you have, but there are some tools on
this site that are able to output HTML5 panoramas and object movies (and
possibly import QTVR):
http://ggnome.com/

Regards,

Scott Rossi