xmlerr, can't parse xml, Extra content at the end of the document

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Mar 23 06:11:13 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am using since some time successfully XML files with LC 6.5.2. Now I
wanted to allow the user to enter spaces in their names like “Tiemo
Hollmann”, which I am using as tag names in my xml file. Because spaces are
not allowed characters in XML tag name I replace the spaces by “$” before
creating and saving the xml file and vice versa after reading the xml file.
When trying to read such a xml file I get the error: “xmlerr, can't parse
xml, Extra content at the end of the document” though “$” is a valid
character for tag names in the xml spec. I tried the same with other chars
like “§” or “%” with the same error. The xml file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<My$Name>

</My$Name>

The LC line is: put revXMLCreateTreeFromFile(tXMLFile,true,true,true)  into
tID

When deleting the “$” signs from the tag names, I can import the file
without error. I also tried it without encoding="UTF-8", but with the same
error. There is no trailing char after the last tag name.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Tiemo