Speed on Android

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 21 18:20:47 EDT 2015

On 3/21/2015 1:44 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>  > Richard Gaskin wrote:
>  >> Que a post from Mark Wieder about the benefits of web APIs
>  >> for DB connectivity in three...two...one...
>  > ...the conclusion is: remote database connections are not supported.
>
> But GET and PUT are. :)
>
> Snappy, and more secure than exposing the DB to the Internet.
>
> LC Server will perform well under reasonable loads.  If high traffic is
> anticipated you'll want a FastCGI option, such as PHP can provide.

I'm changing over out of necessity but none of this should be necessary.
The database is not particularly sensitive, security is not an issue,
the database isn't visible to the public but if someone hacks it there's
no harm done, and the load is going to be so light as to be almost
non-existent.

Meanwhile this is taking longer and is more trouble than it should have
been. I had a nice, compact all-in-one solution bundled up into a single
app file. Now I need server scripts and dispatcher code and files in
multiple locations. Not to mention maintenance for a non-techie client.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com