printPaperRectangle & LC7

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Sat Mar 21 04:38:25 EDT 2015

I have been trying to overcome the issue of printing/scaling part of a card to a print rect by

using printScale with print card and have come across this issue.

I have placed various “put” statements in my code to obtain the data before it prints.

Here is the data:

chart width = 814  ****This is the width of a group I am printing calculated by me using a ratio eventually passed to printScale****

printPaperRectangle = 8,8,834,587  ****returned by LC****

printMargins = 10,10,10,10  ****the print margins I previously set.****

The relationship between the chart width calculation (814) and the printpaperRectangle width (834) seems correct when you add the left and right margins to the 834.

However, I have no idea where the 8,8 has come from in the printPaperRectangle as the documentation in LC suggests that these should always be 0,0.

The docs state

"The four numbers represent the left, top, right and bottom of the rectangle being printed to. The rectangle is relative to the top-left of the page, and the left and top will currently always be 0.

Comments:
The printPaperRectangle property is read-only and cannot be set. Changing the printMargins <applewebdata://6917CC1F-41E6-4643-8586-70AB8FF22BB4/dictionary/property/2353.xml>”

I think this might confirm why my chart does not print centrally in the horizontal.

Is this another printing bug or is this now expected and the docs are incorrect?

Thanks

Terry