Speed on Android

Ralph DiMola rdimolad at evergreeninfo.net
Sat Mar 21 01:58:27 EDT 2015

I access a remote MySQL db(diesel) when the app starts up. It takes a couple of seconds to do a few reads and writes. I will put a db write inbetween cards and see how long it takes.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

> I use both SQLite and MySQL in Android apps.
> There are background images, resizing going on and local SQLite DB access to
> build scrolling lists of hundreds of lines in sub-second card changes after
> touching a button. Even orientation changes with resizing are sub-second.
> Must be something in your dev environment.

I think that's the difference -- I'm trying to access a remote server. I
expected some small transmission delay but nothing like this. It isn't
timing out I don't think; at least, I do eventually get data back. Maybe
the connection is hanging?

I tried closing the database connection after every retrieval but it
didn't help.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com