Problems with movies in latest LiveCode versions

stgoldberg at aol.com stgoldberg at aol.com
Fri Mar 20 13:56:44 EDT 2015

Since I use a lot of movies in my stacks, I have gone back to LiveCode 5.5.3. I’ve tried LiveCode versions 6.7 through 7.04 and they do not display movies properly. For one thing, when I try to set a file path to a relative path, the later LiveCode versions do not allow me to save the relative path, but instead immediately convert the relative path back to an absolute path.  Moreover, the movies only appear unpredictably.

In LiveCode 5.5.3 and beyond, the movieClip does not function correctly.  While the movieClip Property Inspector has a  Size and Position section for setting the location of the movieClip, this does not work.

I’m using  Mac system 10.9.5.

While I appreciate the efforts of the LiveCode team for upgrading the abilities of LiveCode, I think that when it comes to a basic control like a Player object not functioning, this affects LiveCode’s reputation for reliability, and the problem needs to be addressed.

Stephen Goldberg, President
Medmaster Publishing Co.
www.medmaster.net