more menus oddities

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:14:20 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:08 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> Don't try to adjust the menu group. I suspect you are issuing a "print
> this card" command.

open printing to pdf outpath
print otCd into 18,18,576+18,756

It used to be

print otCd from 18,18,576+18,756  into 18,18,576+18,756

until that started crashing livecode a couple of months ago.

Is that fixed?  It seems to me that someone else was bit a couple of weeks
ago and posted here.

Remember that the whole card is not visible because the top area has
> scrolled out of view, but it does contain the menu group, which will print
> when you "print card".
>
> The solution is simple. Instead of printing the whole card, just print the
> area from the bottom of the menu group to the bottom of the card. That way
> the card scroll won't change and the objects will remain where they appear
> on screen.

It prints *over* the objects that I have placed on the card, rather than
above them. SO the objects display on screen, but not output.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462