WatchKit & AndroidWear

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Mar 16 11:13:41 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:

> Roger Eller wrote:
>
> > Does it have to use the LC 7 engine?  Why not use what fits, LC 6?
>
> There is no build of the v6 engine that runs on wearables.

Ummm...  http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/search?q=Android+Wear

Just luck I guess.  Also, Colin has tested LC apps on Google Glass.

What "fits" is more than size.

> Fixes are backported to v6.7 as a courtesy to those who haven't yet
> migrated their work to the current engine, but I doubt we'll see
> significant feature enhancements for that legacy engine.
>
> The present is v7, and the future is v8.  Like v5 and all earlier
> versions, we can expect v6 to be EOL'd long before v7.
>
> To "fit" on wearables an engine needs fundamental changes, perhaps
> possible in the future but unlikely with v6.

If not intentional, I am happy that it works, at least for a limited few
wearables.  I would like to see official support before wearables are "old
news" however.

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Systems
>  Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web
>  Ambassador at FourthWorld.com                http://www.FourthWorld.com

~Roger