Bringing invisible main stack to front on start in IDE

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 18:00:34 EDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 11:43 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> I usually create a separate handler to do the task (which it sounds like
> you've done) and call that at the end of a preOpenCard or openCard handler.
> But you have to give the IDE enough time to finish loading and setting up
> everyhing, so instead of sending in 0, try sending in 2 or more ticks.

On further investigation . . .

The stack being invisible stops the IDE from using its menus, instead
showing ide menus.

If I set the vis of it to true first, it displays.

If there's another message after that setting the vis to false, the IDE
menus take over.

(The whole point of the stack being invisible is to mimic the standalone
behavior on the mac . . .)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462