Release: LiveCode 8.0.0 DP 1

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at livecode.com
Thu Mar 12 14:57:31 EDT 2015

On 12 Mar 2015, at 18:53, Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D <matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de> wrote:

> Fraser,
>
> It was my „My livecode“ folder, i think the plugins. I renamed it and i was able to successfully start LC 8.

Thanks for tracking that down. We’ll investigate why that might be happening. Could you either submit a bugzilla report or let me know off-list what plugins you have installed so we can reproduce?

> But, as i need my plugins for my older LC versions, is there a way to tell LC to use its on „my livecode“ folder?
> Or do i really have to switch the prefs every time i switch the LC versions.

LiveCode 7 and above use a separate preferences file to 6.x and below - if you customise the location of your folder in 7 or above, it shouldn’t affect previous versions. Versions 7 and 8 use the same preferences file, though. The setting is in Preferences -> Files & Memory and is the “User Extensions” folder at the bottom of the pane.

Fraser