Release: LiveCode 8.0.0 DP 1

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at livecode.com
Thu Mar 12 14:52:54 EDT 2015

On 12 Mar 2015, at 18:45, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any point trying to build a 32 bit Linux version from Git Hub at the moment?

If you’re able to build LiveCode for Linux normally, it should work. You might have to do an initial step of

make bootstrap

before “make all” to ensure that the compiler for LC Builder gets created - some of the engine is now implemented in LCB.

Other than the revbrowser component, the 32-bit Linux build works. However, we didn’t want to ship an incomplete installer where some of the major new IDE features don’t work (the new dictionary and the extension store pane of the extension manager rely on revbrowser).

Fraser