Release: LiveCode 8.0.0 DP 1

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at livecode.com
Thu Mar 12 14:38:34 EDT 2015

On 12 Mar 2015, at 18:30, Chris Sheffield <cs_livecode at icloud.com> wrote:

> Looks like there’s no commercial edition available. Is this community-only for now?

For the initial DP releases, yes. There are a few more things to get sorted out with regards to commercial widgets before providing commercial builds.

As Richmond has noticed, there’s also not a 32-bit Linux build currently - we have to custom-build the Chromium Embedded Framework so that revbrowser will work on Linux (as it is used for our new user guide and dictionary) and this is not a small undertaking. 32-bit will be returning, just not for this first DP.

Which reminds me - revbrowser is now available on Linux (when used in CEF mode).

Fraser