Beyond PowerStatus: Concurrency options

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:00:40 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Pierre Sahores <sc at sahores-conseil.com>
wrote:

> I see…
>
> —> Scala
> —> PHP
> —> Java
>
> I would choose Scala if i had to solve this my self. Have an eye on it :
> it’s a powerful functional programming language witch compile to the JVM
> and is able to handle connections to PostgreSQL via JDBC

But it shouldn't be *necessary* to go to another language for this.

Postgres:  revOpenDatabase has a "useSSL" for mySQL; it should exist for
postgres--without it, queries are sent in the clear. The lack of this
security is show-stopping bug level, not "feature request."

SSL:  Livecode can open an SSL socket with a remote livecode listener.  But
from discussions last week, apparently the receiving socket will listen to
anything passed to it, reather than requiring it be encryupted.

I need to pass moderate postgres commands in both directions.  There are
(at least) two ways to do this in livecode, but apparently neither is
secure.  If I have to have use something else on the server, I'm just going
to use it, not create a frankenstein . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462