is image 2 in image 1?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Mar 8 10:23:37 EDT 2015

Hi Bernard,

If you use the select tool to copy a part of an image object to the
clipboard, the data get converted to PNG by default. When you paste the
image from the clipboard, the image is converted back to image data.
Usually, a few bits change here and there and the imagedata in the new
data is not equal to the imagedata of the copied part of the original image.

If you duplicate an image and control-drag the handles of the image
object to crop it or use the crop command, you will get a new image with
imagedata that were never converted. The imagedata of this new image are
indeed equal to the imagedata of the corresponding part of the original
image.

So, your optimism is justified.

--
Best regards,