RunRev 2015

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat Mar 7 15:32:35 EST 2015

Hi Tom,

It's sort of like the difference between watching a social gathering on
TV vs. being there. For me it's largely about relationships and people -
of whom you are one! It's exhilarating to interact with so many who know
and use LC. I like to meet the folks on this list and put faces to
names. The full-immersion LC-based geek-to-geek experience (with a
generous helping of non-geeks) can't be replicated online. I mean, where
else on earth could I have sat at an outdoor table with Jan Schenkel,
Trevor DeVore, Heather Laine, Andre Garzia, and several others, just to
enjoy the moment, drink something and chat about whatever comes up? (The
[poorly stitched] photo I took of that moment is here:
http://pdslabs.net/d/runrevlive2011.jpg )

I've been to several and I HIGHLY recommend it.

(The gathering used to be so small we had a group photo taken. Good luck
on that now!)

Phil Davis

On 3/7/15 10:58 AM, tbodine wrote:
> I've attended the conf. via online connection several times, but never in
> person. What do you consider to be gained by "being there" vs "seeing
> there"?
> Thanks,
> Tom Bodine
>

> --