Valuable tip re. v7's Save As

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 7 15:02:11 EST 2015

On 3/7/2015 12:36 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I recently learned that the Save As option in v7 is even smarter than I'd
>> thought:
>>

> OTOH, I'm fitting it this morning.
>
> I'm using an old XP laptop while my powerbook dries out (grr!), but after
> saving a standalone, livecode forgets where the current file came from (or
> something like that), and I have to go hunting.
>
> Once I have it better nailed down, I'll file a bug.

I think this is a different issue relating to file paths. Richard was
talking about the stack file version, which is the format of the file on
disk.

When you "save as," LC opens the new copy which will have a different
file path. The original copy is closed. It would be nice to add a
feature request that puts a "Save a copy" into the File menu, which
would save off a backup copy but keep the original in RAM.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com