Text Field in LC 7

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Mar 7 12:15:30 EST 2015

Peter Haworth wrote:

> I have mixed feelings about the option to not change line wrapping until a
> resize is over.  Sounds like it would help in the situation we're
> discussing but it also feels like a workaround for something that should
> really work.  Could this be connected with the use of native controls, or
> lack thereof, in Livecode?

I don't think so in this case, given that Apple's own TextEdit is where
I got the idea.

> I should also say that I'm not seeing the line wrapping delay in TextEdit.
> I'm on Yosemite and when I resize a TextEdit window horizontally, I see the
> line wrapping changing as the resize is happening not when I stop resizing.
> Maybe there's a Preference setting that affects things?

Hmmm....I don't see a Preference for that, but I'm on an older system
(10.7).  Maybe this was changed in a more recent version?  Or perhaps
they use different behavior based on CPU or GPU?

Even so, I share your preference that the default remain as it is today,
with dynamic recalculation of line wraps.

But given the range of OSes and hardware LC runs on (it supports more OS
X versions than Apple does, and then all the others as well), as an an
option it may be helpful on older hardware or when handling very large
amounts of text.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems