Text Field in LC 7
ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 6 22:41:52 EST 2015
Peter Haworth wrote:
> Maybe a factor of how many lines of data? Or possibly that
> your data had tabs in it and mine didn't?
Interesting thought, Peter. It prompted me to experiment - a few
- The field's dontWrap is false, but the text isn't wrapping (IMO this
is a bug).
- If I replace tab with space in the field the wrapping behaves normally.
- With the original tabs in place, when I set the field's listBehavior
to true performance improves dramatically.
- When I set the vgrid to true it improves a little more. Not bad,
since most uses cases for displaying tabular data will likely use this.
- Comparing to Apple's TextEdit to see what performance looks like
there, it turns out no comparison is possible because Apple doesn't even
attempt line wrapping during resize, deferring that for when the resize
action ends after the mouse is released. Might is be useful to have a
field property for similar effect in LiveCode?
Fourth World Systems
Software Design and Development for Desktop, Mobile, and Web
Ambassador at FourthWorld.com http://www.FourthWorld.com
More information about the Use-livecode