on-rev outage

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Fri Mar 6 14:26:34 EST 2015

As CEO that is of course my first instinct too. I always push us to
investigate and see what lessons can be learned, what procedures
tightened. However this is not one of those times. We suffered a
catastrophic failure of both disks in the RAID array and thus made an
estimate that our restore time would be 48 hours as we had to revert (in
this incredibly unlikely event) to the off site backup. It turns out that
we have managed to get one of the RAID disks to work so we should be back
up and running sooner than anticipated - all things been equal in the next
few minutes.

Since we completed the server migration and system upgrades we¹ve enjoyed
steady reliable service. Even with this outage on Diesel we are well
within any reasonable measure of uptime and reliability now for any ISP in
this price range. We have both RAID and an offsite backup in place
already. So while I regret the obvious inconvenience, this is one of those
cases where additional procedures and systems would not have helped.
Thanks for your patience, Diesel will be back online soon.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps