[OT] Invalid host address

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Mar 3 19:02:37 EST 2015

Good point. I mentioned before that I have adopted the method of opening a socket to the host first, checking for errors, before actually trying to send any data. That might be something you want to implement. I put it at the start of a Database Reconnect handler I wrote just for this sort of thing. It has a repeat loop so that the end user can attempt to resolve the condition and then try again, or else cancel. If Cancel is selected, the handler quits the app.

Bob S