Quantum tunneling in LiveCode

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Mon Mar 2 17:50:03 EST 2015

That still makes sense to me, because the group is placed on this card and the button belongs to the group, so I would expect the message path to take the normal route, i.e. Button, Group, Card, Stack, why would it not?

But when clicking on the card, the background is picking up the stray mouseUp message passed on from the card before it reaches the stack.

Maybe my logic is questionable, but the User Guide seems to agree…

P.131 - 5.3.9 Groups, Backgrounds & The Message Path

Paul

> On Mar 2, 2015, at 2:18 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:
>
> Right, but if you click the button, the group comes before the card not
> after the card, I think that's the point of interest.
>
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 1:38 PM <dunbarx at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>

>> What Paul said.
>>

>> This would be easy for old HC people, since the background group is like a
>> HC backGround, and is higher in the hierarchy (sorry, Jacque) than a card.
>>

>> Craig

>>> 2.  Make the button a group. Set the group's backgroundBehavior to true.