Power Status (was Re: Because LC can't do two things at once.)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 2 11:15:24 EST 2015

Michael Doub wrote:
> Looking around in /proc I found no acpi on the Pi.

Thanks for checking, Michael.

That would make sense, because AFAIK the Pi has no Advanced
Configuration and Power Interface in its chip set, and hence the absence
of that key in /proc would accurately reflect a non-discharging battery
state (since there ain't no battery at all).

I'll explore further to see if I can find a definitive reference on
that, but so far it looks like we're on our way.

For any Linux-using laptop owners here (that means you, Mark Wieder
<g>):  do you find your charging status in:

  /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state

...or:

  /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state

?