unlock the Message Box ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 29 14:06:06 EDT 2015

On 6/29/2015 12:36 PM, Richmond wrote:
> Today, whilst programming at the school one of the kids
> wanted to close a stack, while keeping another open, and was unable to
> because he received this message:
>
> . . . until you unlock the Message Box
>
> 1. How does one lock the Message Box?
>
> 2. How does one unlock the MB?
>
> 3. How did this happen without any obvious
> actions on either my behalf or that of my pupil?

I've never seen that error message, but I'll make a guess anyway. The
message box has auto-complete and I've seen some actions refuse to work
if there is an auto-complete suggestion in the message box that hasn't
been either accepted or removed. If part of the existing message text is
dimmed, it's a suggestion that hasn't been dealt with. Hit the right
arrow key to accept the suggestion (you don't need to actually execute
it) and then try closing the stack.

I'm not sure that's actually the problem but it's the first thing I'd try.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com