iOS Playing Sounds Problems

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Mon Jun 29 13:51:22 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I’ve been messing with a sound problem for several hours this morning… can’t for the life of me see what I’m doing wrong.

I have an app in which I’m using this format for loading the sounds:
      put specialFolderPath("engine") &"/"& "Blue.wav" into gBlueSound
      mobileSetSoundChannelVolume "Ch5","0"
      mobilePlaySoundOnChannel gBlueSound, "Ch5",”now"

I’m using newly recorded sounds and sounds from from previous projects. The sounds from previous projects work just fine with this pattern… when it’s time to play I call:
      mobileSetSoundChannelVolume "Ch5”,"100"
      mobilePlaySoundOnChannel gBlueSound, "Ch5",”now"

I’ve also tried playing the sound with this format:        play specialFolderPath("engine") &"/"& "Blue.wav”

But, the 10 new sounds I’ve recoded play on the simulator, but not on a device… while the “old” sounds I’ve used before work on both.

As best I can tell the sounds are all the same …. 16 bits with a sample rate of 44,100. I’m using .wav files but also tried .aif format.

LC 6.7.5 • Mac OS 10.2 • Xcode 6.2

Any thoughts about how I might have messed up the new sounds.

Thanks for your help.

be well,
randy

Randy Hengst