Card colo(u)rs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jun 28 12:05:33 EDT 2015

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > On 06/28/2015 07:55 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> Are you sure you were setting that property for the card and not
 >> the stack?
 >>
 >> Remember that by default the Inspector is dynamic, and will change
 >> its display as the user context changes.  So if you open it for
 >> card properties but then select an object on the card, it'll change
 >> its controls for those to set the properties of the selected object.
 >
 > Yeah.
 > That has bitten me more times than several.
 > And then, of course, there are the times when I want it to switch to
 > the object I've just selected and it won't, and I have to close it
 > and open a new one.

My description of the default behavior was incomplete:

The Inspector will change according to the context of the selection when
it's opened directly from the menu bar or in response to double-clicking
an object.

But the Project Browser also has a context menu item for the Inspector,
and given the PB's role as providing one-stop-shopping for all objects,
regardless of whether they're selected or even visible, when the
Inspector is opened from the PB it's opened in locked mode, maintaining
its context for the object it was opened for.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems