[OT] Re: Any way to do simple texture maps?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:54:49 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Mike Bonner <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:

> blender3d isn't necessarily "easy" but you can probably find a texture
> mapping tutorial.  If you want the map from multiple angles, you can have
> blender pop out a view from different perspectives, then use the images in
> LC.

That might work -- I'm not really interested in incredibly hi-fi
representation. I got frustrated several months back with the way Kerbal
Space Program and Simple Rockets screw up gravity so I whipped up something
that does actual multi-body gravity correctly, but of course it requires
being able to show a planet in some reasonable fashion, from any angle. I
could lo-fi it with maybe 50 images or so I suppose...