I wish ...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sat Jun 13 15:30:10 EDT 2015

On 6/13/2015 1:13 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> In recent versions of LC resizeControl is sent to a group not only
> when interactively resized by the user, but also in response to any
> change to the size of a group from any script.
>
> This has been a godsend for simplifying many layouts, and making them
> more portable as well.

I wholeheartedly agree! With resizeControl now firing on any change of
the rect, it makes UI management of layouts based on nested groups much
easier. TO me this  is an example of an engine enhancement that made a
big difference in reducing the burden of UI coding.

All I was doing in my post was fantasizing about another engine
enhancement to support relative coordinates instead of having to do your
own getprop/setprop handlers in behaviors and similar setups. However,
as much as I would like to see a 'relative' keyword for coordinates,
there are many more features on RunRev's todo list I'd rather see done
first.