[OT] What the *&^#$!#$ Just Happened - SPAM

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:03:02 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:34 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> I also get the Russian women,
>
> I wonder if my last name was Gay I'd get Russian men ;-)

I'm getting emails about my stolen car (parked next to the front door), my
stolen phone (sitting on my desk), incredibly low interest credit cards for
Walmart and Cosco (don't have outlets here) and of course for a bunch of
medication that seems to suggest the world's population is set to plummet.

Richard, Scott, they are definitely not glass half full comments. I've
always appreciated how huge the SPAM problem is, the company I work for
reports that legitimate traffic on it's WAN/LAN accounts for less than 0.2%
of the traffic, the rest is SPAM and hacker attempts :-( I've believed that
the Gmail team have done a wonderful job at blocking the tidal wave of
SPAM, so not sure now why so much is getting through.

Thankfully though Gmail does correctly end up in my SPAM folder so it is
easy to deal with.