Standalone Build Problem

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jun 2 12:21:13 EDT 2015

On Jun 2, 2015, at 10:09 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> So I am creating a standalone for the first time, and I am trying to use a splash stack. Taking the advice of others I have added a data grid to the splash stack so that the data grid library get added. Now when I attempt to set the mainstack of the actual stack that contains all the business logic, it fails. I think I might know why, but I’ll ask to be sure.
>
> The actual application stack has a number of substacks already. I am thinking that a substack cannot itself contain other substacks. If this is true, I will have to break out all of my other stacks as single files, then add them as substacks to the mainstack.
>
> If this is true, I can see why new users have problems creating standalones at first. It is a rather convoluted way of going about things. If not, then I am at a loss to know why I cannot set the mainstack property of a given stack.
>
> I have also tried using the message box:
> set the mainStack of stack "Forms Generator" to "Forms Generator Splash”
>
> I get:
> Script compile error:
> Error description:

Bob,

Don’t try to make your mainstack (the stack with your business logic) a substack of the splash stack. They should both be mainstacks, and the splash stack (now app) should simply “go to” the other stack. Looking at it another way, the splash stack is simply built into an application that contains the engine, which in turn can launch any other stack you want.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities