Standalone Build Problem

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jun 2 12:09:42 EDT 2015

Hi all.

So I am creating a standalone for the first time, and I am trying to use a splash stack. Taking the advice of others I have added a data grid to the splash stack so that the data grid library get added. Now when I attempt to set the mainstack of the actual stack that contains all the business logic, it fails. I think I might know why, but I’ll ask to be sure.

The actual application stack has a number of substacks already. I am thinking that a substack cannot itself contain other substacks. If this is true, I will have to break out all of my other stacks as single files, then add them as substacks to the mainstack.

If this is true, I can see why new users have problems creating standalones at first. It is a rather convoluted way of going about things. If not, then I am at a loss to know why I cannot set the mainstack property of a given stack.

I have also tried using the message box:
set the mainStack of stack "Forms Generator" to "Forms Generator Splash”

I get:
Script compile error:
Error description:

Bob S