LiveCode 8 [was: Re: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?]

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Jun 2 04:23:45 EDT 2015

On 2015-06-01 19:17, Terence Heaford wrote:
>> On 1 Jun 2015, at 14:16, Peter TB Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Unless some major showstopper problems are encountered, there will be
>> commercial builds of the next release of LiveCode 8.  That'll be in
>> the next couple of weeks.
>

> Will there be a built-in LCB editor or will it rely on
> TextWrangler/BBEdit?

At the moment, I expect that we will probably be recommending using Atom
for editing LCB source code.

In-IDE editing of LCB source code probably won't be in LiveCode 8.0 --
it'll almost certainly come later in the 8.x series.

                                  Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Engine Development Team