How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:06:30 EDT 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Mark Talluto <userev at canelasoftware.com>
wrote:

> Tom, have you tried Navigator by Geoff Canyon? I have it open every day,
> all the time. No issues.
> It is a very solid replacement for the project browser. It is all text.
> Small footprint on screen too. Fast!

For anyone who wants to try it, you can get the latest stable version of
Navigator here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41182876/Navigator.rev_4.5b1.zip

Navigator is free to use.

I've made substantial updates to Navigator working with Mark and his team
over the past few months:

Navigator now uses behaviors for all of its functionality, so you can make
as many clones of navigator as you like (which given its small visual
footprint could be a large number).

Navigator also understands behaviors, meaning that if you double-click a
list entry, if that entry has a behavior, Navigator will transparently edit
the behavior script.

Drag and drop has been re-worked (again) so list selections etc. should
work better than they have in the past.

Navigator's color scheme is editable and theme-able, so those of you who
like to work in the dark can adjust accordingly.

Navigator's property menu remembers which properties you have edited
recently (on a per-object-type basis) and puts them at the top of the menu.
You can also set properties to be permanently at the top.

Navigator's property editor box understands which properties don't allow
for returns, and if you press return (for an object's rect, for example) it
automatically closes and applies your change.

Navigator's custom property menu understands custom property sets much
better than before.

Navigator's script menu can now copy and paste scripts, and also put a list
of all the handlers for an object into the message box.

Navigator understands groups better now.

There's more, but that's off the top of my head.

Documentation is here:

https://gcanyon.wordpress.com/navigator-documentation